We’re sorry to break the news to you, but summer is over. That doesn’t mean hot temperatures are going away completely anytime soon, but it does mean that winter is right around the corner. It’s getting to be that time to wind your air conditioner down and rev your heater up, right?
Well, you don’t just want to turn off your AC and throw it in a shed for six months. There are definitely some things you can still do to be a responsible AC owner. We’ll get into detail on ways scheduling AC repair in Beverly Hills in the fall can actually save a lot of headaches when next spring rolls around.
Not only that, but we still have some hot days ahead of us this fall. Putting your AC into early hibernation would be a dumb mistake. Let’s continue to take care of our HVAC systems with some nifty tips we can provide.
Don’t Give Up Yet
We know that it can be hard to find the motivation to continue working with an air conditioner as summer comes to a close. These practices can actually help your air conditioner last through next summer and save you money on energy bills going forward. Keep that in mind if you’re looking for a little bit of extra motivation!
- Change the air filter. Your air conditioner could still be running with a clogged air filter far into the fall. Make sure you keep the habit of changing the filter so it’s never being stifled for airflow.
- Clean around the system. Fall means leaves and rainy weather that slowly starts turning things muddy and dirty. This can be fine for your property but not fine for the outdoor components of your air conditioner. Try to keep the area around the outdoor cabinet clean and invest in having the vents inside your home cleaned and cleared so there’s always optimal airflow.
- Raise temperatures on the thermostat. Now that the hottest days are behind us, perhaps it’s a good idea to raise the temperature on your thermostat a little bit. By doing this, you’re allowing your air conditioner to function more efficiently and work less hard to keep you comfortable. Temperatures in the mid to high 70s should feel comfortable enough!
- Get repairs fixed today. Don’t wait on repair needs until next year rolls around. Get your air conditioner fixed before the problem gets worse!
- Schedule maintenance, it’s not too late! Maintenance is a great way to ensure you’re getting the maximum efficiency and lifespan from your air conditioning system. It’s not too late to invest in maintenance this fall.
- Evaluate the condition of your system. Is your system getting old? If it’s beyond 10-15 years old then it might be time to think about getting it replaced. Luckily, you’ve got a few seasons in front of you to think about it!
- Cover it up when it’s not in use. By the time you’re done using your air conditioner, it’s a good idea to cover the outdoor unit with a tarp to protect it from the elements. Call our team if you have any questions.
The team at JMS Air Conditioning and Heating can help you with your end of the summer AC needs. Call us today!